Wednesday 2 August 2017

IWSG (AUGUST) Re-Launch!

I didn't really have anything to talk about for this post until yesterday. Not because I didn't have insecurities lurking, me and insecurity are old friends! It was more the 'writing' part that was bothering me, I guess I felt somewhat of a fraud - writers write right? And I wasn't, well, not shiny new words anyway and this was making me feel a bit stale. What if I couldn't do it anymore? Part of me was a little afraid my spark had gone out.

The last few months I have been editing old projects, reworking and submitting, in short I wasn't getting that creative high you feel when you're working on something new. Until yesterday . . .

Yesterday, I sat down, opened a file I had started much earlier in the year and read through the 9,000 words I had already written before I abandoned the characters to work on editing. I read through the research notes I had already collected and the character profiles and guess what? The spark was re-ignited! I feel in love with the project all over again. I sat and I wrote for several hours, new words, new ideas and I was buzzing! I can't wait to get back to it this evening and already I'm working out time slots for the next few days when I will be free to write. I went to bed thinking about it and woke up the same. I remember this feeling, I love this feeling, this is why I write. It makes me feel all kinds of emotion, it is what makes me, me!

I wanted to share this here so, that if I ever start to feel stale again, I can re-read this post and hopefully find the encouragement and inspiration to jump back into the ring.

Happy writing, may all your insecurities be small ones.





Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and this month's co-hosts:
                                                               Christine Rains
                                                         Dolarah @ Book Lover
                                                       Ellen @ The Cynical Sailor
                                                              Yvonne Ventresca
                                                                     LG Keltner

  

28 comments:

  1. That feeling is by far one of the best things about being a writer - there's really nothing like that excitement and passion you get from working on a new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! There's nothing quite like the feeling of working on a new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I just picked up a manuscript that I haven't looked at for 4 years and am getting re-excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post Suzanne, I have trouble finding what to write about at times.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all struggle at times, thanks for the visit, Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. That's awesome you were inspired and dove right into writing again. I need to go back and re-read what I've written on my latest project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when you read something back and think "Wow, did I just do that?"

      Delete
  6. When you start on a new idea it is awesome indeed. Except maybe when it won't let you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you. There is nothing like feeling the spark. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Here's to a summer of brand new words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! Ride that high for as long as it will go, and when it fizzles, I'll toss some cheese at you. You've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad your spark was reignited. Now keep kindling it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great to fall in love with a project after setting it aside. Here's to writing up a storm and finishing that story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant news Suzanne - so pleased for you - good luck with it all ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!!! Congrats on refinding your spark!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes I'll read, or now, listen to my former books on tape and it always inspires me to get back to it. Working now to get the next book started. Just wish other life issue would let me!
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's why I can't look back over some of my older stuff. The spark will re-ignite and I won't be able to go back to the WIP I should be working on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy you're feeling better and the spark is back Suzanne. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray!! That's wonderful news and I can imagine how great you are feeling having that spark back. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to find you again, Suzanne. I'm now full time carer for my disabled husband, but having sorted myself out, have returned to my books and to blogger. Kind regards, Carole.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!