Friday 27 June 2014

Celebrate the small things

I've been having a few problems with Blogger this week, posts not loading and reading lists disappearing, so please accept my apologies if I've missed your posts this week. It may even be that some of you have been experiencing the same issues, anyway, thankfully all seems to be running smoothly again now. 

So what else has been happening this week? Well, not much writing has been done, I feel a little lost with that at the moment, but maybe that can wait till next week's IWSG. 

But on the plus side I have managed a couple of walks this last week. Getting out in the fresh air gives me a pick-me-up.

We've had rain today for the first time in quite a while but I know the garden will benefit, and we picked strawberries from the plot last weekend and more are nearly ready. Have also been enjoying some home grown lettuce leaves in my lunchtime salads.

I am taking a trip to Wales with my husband this weekend. He has some things to do up there and I am going along to keep him company. I am looking forward to a change of scenery and spending some time together. Not sure what the weather is going to do, I suspect there might be some more rain. Difficulty is knowing what to pack. It's only a couple of nights but I seem to have laid out enough stuff for a fortnight! Layers are key I think, and a lightweight jacket. And what to do about footwear? I might need a dressy pair to go out to dinner in, a comfy pair to walk around in, maybe some flip flops or sandals ... aargh I hate packing!

Hope you all have a good weekend, whatever you are up to. I will catch up with comments and visits when I get back.

Thanks, as ever, to our lovely host Viklit for hosting supported by her team of co-hosts.


LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge
Katie @ TheCyborg Mom
CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse

#CTST

27 comments:

  1. Go enjoy Wales!
    I know several people said that Blogger's Dashboard was showing no blogs for a few days. Guess they just had some issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like a lot of folks have had problems.

      Delete
  2. Hehe... packing for a couple of days is sometimes harder than for a fortnight - at least you can justify a straining suitcase for 14 nights. Have a great time :-)

    I've had commenting problems recently, even on my own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Blogger! It can give you fits. Hope it behaves this next week. Enjoy Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip, yeah blogger has been a pain in the arse this week with reading lists

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger's dashboard showed just one blog in my reading list for the entire day. The rest of the time it was quite a pain in the neck, as it just did not upload my reading list at all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a strange way I was kinda glad to find out it wasn't just me doing something sillly! Hope things are fixed for your now Rachna.

      Delete
  6. Have a great time in Wales! I know what you mean about feeling lost with your writing, I felt the same up until recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a strange feeling isn't it Laura? Hope I can find my way through the fog soon!

      Delete
  7. I think a lot of people had the same issues with Blogger this week. It was very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My reading lists were disappearing too, so you're not alone! A couple of walks and a trip to Wales sound great! I'd love to visit Wales sometime.

    Good luck with your writing. Hopefully that feeling of being lost disappears soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a lovely trip, Suzanne. I look forward to hearing about it next week and I hope you have nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything sounds so lovely and peaceful-walks, Wales, rain. Enjoy your trip and here's wishing you wonderful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a lovely time in Wales - weather report is looking up :)
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, Blogger had me bummed earlier this week too- until I realized I hadn't accidentally done something dumb and that others were experiencing the same thing. Have fun in Wales, I bet it's so gorgeous there. I'm going to St. Louis this weekend. Gotta get up at 4:30. *groan*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzanne - hope you're having a lovely weekend and that the weather is kind and rains when you're inside or overnight .. I hope we get a bit this weekend - we need it.

    Net life can be a pain at times ... writing will come when ready .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your trip. Blogger wasn't working for me either this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blogger has been weird this week! They finally got the dashboard back but it does seem a little buggy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings human, Suzanne,

    Blogger is a pain at the best of times. My human friend, Gary, knows all about that.

    I do hope that weekend in Wales brings you sun and plenty of fresh air. No matter what, Wales is a magical place. A place this garden gnome can relate to.

    In magic,

    Geoffrey :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you have a great time in Wales - maybe a change of scenery will inspire some fresh writing - fingers crossed!
    Home-grown fruit and veg always taste best. My 11 year old son grew some strawberries in a big flowerpot...and they ripened while he was away for the week. Not one day passed that I wasn't tempted to eat them and blame the birds...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by. I had a nice trip to Wales and the weather was quite kind to us and I ended up not needing half the stuff I packed!

    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. mmmmm strawberries! yum yum! Packing for a fortnight is almost a necessity. Myra would fill the trunk of my car for an overnighter. LOL Have fun in Wales!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit and interact but please note I have disabled anonymous comments due to too much spam!